The Patriot's Fist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Patriot's Fist

We have moved!! Please visit us at http://www.thepatriotsfist.com

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Picked up a Golani Galil

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaiser
Admin
Kaiser

Picked up a Golani Galil Empty
PostSubject: Picked up a Golani Galil   Picked up a Golani Galil I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:04 pm

I recently grabbed one of the Galils that have been going around from CAI. It is built on an ORF reciever with IMI parts. I installed one of the old wood AR handguards to improve the looks. It is kinda heavy for a .223 but no more really than my Yugo AK with the underfolder. I do like some of the controls on the Galil better than on the AK, especially the charging handle.

I will give a range report when my range opens back up, they are doing some construction right now. Maybe I can get a picture up here to accompany this post soon since that's more interesting.

Picked up a Golani Galil 100_0684
Back to top Go down
Serious Firepower
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Serious Firepower

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a Golani Galil   Picked up a Golani Galil I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 11:59 am

Awesome! cheers Congrats, I always have wanted to get one of those. I have an itch and I need to scratch it. IIRC Those are milled receivers on there. Strong gun and supposed to be accurate. I am anxious to hear your range report! Basketball
Back to top Go down
Kaiser
Admin
Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a Golani Galil   Picked up a Golani Galil I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 2:34 pm

Ok, went to the range today with a few new toys to try out.

The Galil shot excellent, no jams, easy to control even with the folder and pretty accurate. I put 100 rounds through it with three factory steel mags. One mag is really tight and I had to bend some of the latch lip so I was concerned about that, it did not feed the ammo up, so I have one bad mag which may be repairable. I used the others and they worked fine.

I used Wolf 55 grn Military classic and also some Wolf 62 grn black box. The only complaint I have is the sight. The lowest setting on it is 300 meters so I had to shoot way low at 50 and 100 yards. I did average about 1.5" at 30 yards with the iron sights which are pretty decent, better then the AK anyway. I didn't check accuracy at 100 yards since I was shooting at blocks of wood I painted orange, I was hitting them off and on. I did some moderate rapid fire testing with no issues, I will test for full out rapid Evil or Very Mad when the range is empty but I dont think there will be an issue.

There were two other guys down there with Galils too. One guy was supposedly having mag issues but he seemed like an idiot so who knows. The other guy had sent his back for jamming before the recall and now he has no more issues. His also did not have the bayonet lug like mine and mine had better sights. I scored on this one.

All in all, I was pleased with its first time out. Just need some more mags and put some more rounds through it to break it in right. Also need to figure out the rear sight and see if I can get it to shoot slightly lower. New standard issue rifle for BDR.......??? Wink
Back to top Go down
Serious Firepower
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Serious Firepower

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a Golani Galil   Picked up a Golani Galil I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:54 pm

Sweet! Glad to hear she functioned fine. I bought my cetme from century and never had an issue. You know how check out a gun before you buy it. A lot of people don't even rack the action before they buy it! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picked up a Golani Galil   Picked up a Golani Galil I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picked up a Golani Galil
Page 1 of 1