The Patriot's Fist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Patriot's Fist

We have moved!! Please visit us at http://www.thepatriotsfist.com

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SSIIICCKKKK

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bosun

Bosun

SSIIICCKKKK Empty
PostSubject: SSIIICCKKKK   SSIIICCKKKK I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:00 am

This is sick...think i should buy it?

Twisted Evil

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1454730396.html
Back to top Go down
Kaiser
Admin
Kaiser

SSIIICCKKKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSIIICCKKKK   SSIIICCKKKK I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 12:21 pm

I love the wagons. Problem with them is, the drivetrain is so old and underpowered by todays standards. Parts are slightly harder to get also. They are sweet for small towns with backroads, but around this area it's a pain to drive something like that imo. My CJ is pretty slow and just able to keep up with traffic.

Best thing to do if you wanted one of those would be to buy one that already had an engine/drivetrain swap done. That thing has a flathead motor in it and may not be 12 volt either. If you want an older Jeep that is easier to get parts for and has some modern stuff on it like, disc brakes,power brakes/power steering than look at 76-86 CJ5,7,8. You should be able to find one in decent shape for around that $3500.
Back to top Go down
The Patriot
Admin
The Patriot

SSIIICCKKKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSIIICCKKKK   SSIIICCKKKK I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:08 pm

Buy it!

Do the five year plan. Take five years to make get it the way you want it and on the road. Body work, paint, drivetrain swap, and sell to the Patriot on year six Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Bosun

Bosun

SSIIICCKKKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSIIICCKKKK   SSIIICCKKKK I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:11 am

If I had a place to store it and work on it, I might consider it! Knowing me, though, it would go the way of the XJ and just collect dust. Laughing

That thing would be sick with some wood panels on the sides and a long board on top cruising thru Dewey Beach! Cool

We're thinking about getting a new ride for the old lady and I was considering traiding my car in. I'd like to find a CJ to use as a daily driver for a while...something different from the Vdub.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser
Admin
Kaiser

SSIIICCKKKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSIIICCKKKK   SSIIICCKKKK I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 6:15 pm

I talked to that guy a bit on the phone cause I was curious about it. He wants to trade me for my 47 Willys project. Not to move in on yer deal, I was just curious since I like those things. It is a 12 volt system and has the flathead six. Nothing will come out of it probably since he may want cash in addition to the Jeep, plus I don't know if I want to give up the flatty just yet.
Back to top Go down
Bosun

Bosun

SSIIICCKKKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSIIICCKKKK   SSIIICCKKKK I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 7:17 am

WHAT A SNAKE! Mad haha

No big deal...that'd be sweet if you got that thing...seems like all your willys stuff should be about the same value as just that one truck...don't you have double the parts from the one you chopped up?
Back to top Go down
Kaiser
Admin
Kaiser

SSIIICCKKKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSIIICCKKKK   SSIIICCKKKK I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:29 pm

I do but he only really wants the axles, which means I would have to come up with the remainder. That's why I said it probably won't happen, I'm not trying to put cash out for another Jeep. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
The Patriot
Admin
The Patriot

SSIIICCKKKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSIIICCKKKK   SSIIICCKKKK I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Jeeps are gay! Real men drive Honda CRV's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SSIIICCKKKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSIIICCKKKK   SSIIICCKKKK I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SSIIICCKKKK
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Patriot's Fist  :: General Preparedness and Survival :: Bug-Out Vehicles-
Jump to: