The Patriot's Fist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Patriot's Fist

We have moved!! Please visit us at http://www.thepatriotsfist.com

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First Gen Glock 17 Range Report

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Serious Firepower
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Serious Firepower

First Gen Glock 17 Range Report Empty
PostSubject: First Gen Glock 17 Range Report   First Gen Glock 17 Range Report I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 5:57 pm

First Gen Glock 17 Range Report DSC01133

I tried the Glock 17 I bought for $300. I traded in a springfield 1911 in 9mm that didn't function properly. I believe it was magazine related but I decided I didn't want to fuss around with chasing down gremlins. I traded it in on this first gen 17 that was bought by an FBI agent who wanted it as a home gun. They ran a box of 50 through it and it sat for 10 years in their house. Then I got it in like new condition for my 1911 9mm and 100 buck cash.

This gun ran flawlessly as expected of any GLOCK 9mm. I ran federal hi shock 125 grain hollow points through the magazines and experienced no feeding issues. Those rounds did have some muzzle flip but recoil was medium to low.

This gun was awesome in the accuracy department. The 1911 did shoot slightly better for me but this one is a close second. I am now a fledgeling fan of the glockenspiels. I still hate the way they look but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and lets face it we need guns to function flawlessly and hit what we aim at. The glock has got that in spades!

115 grain hardball was just as accurate and had less muzzle flip. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any glock products after my experience with this glock 17 first generation!
Back to top Go down
Kaiser
Admin
Kaiser

First Gen Glock 17 Range Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gen Glock 17 Range Report   First Gen Glock 17 Range Report I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:04 pm

Cool you got to the range to shoot. I like my 17 as well, although I think I shoot my Sig better.
Back to top Go down

First Gen Glock 17 Range Report
Page 1 of 1